Thread: Taking A Knee
View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 07, 2010, 01:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf View Post
It's 56-6 and the team with 56 is telling you, we are not going to try to score anymore.

They are going to be relaxed and vulnerable to injury if we let the defense bust their chops.

Same thing if the team with 6 says "we're done".

You really gonna keep that a secret from the defense and let them blast through at the snap?

If you answer yes... please refer to my prior 2nd grade / 2-man comment, because quite honestly, you don't belong working anywhere else.
You seem obsessed with the blowout. This topic (until you brought it in) was not about a blowout. I believe that all of us do understand the difference between kneeling at 56-6 vs 13-12. However, those of us who subscribe to the "If they take a knee, no nonsense" method do not have to change what we do based on the score. JR has already says he does. You have not, so I'll ask - do you give your "He's taking a knee" speech in a 13-12 kneeldown situation?

The problems mentioned with that approach, I think we can all agree, don't exist at 56-6. But at 13-12, telling the defense to play off or not hit ... and/or flagging the offense should they fake it ... BOTH are contrary to the rules and the spirit of the game.

West Houston Mike