Thread: Taking A Knee
View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 07, 2010, 11:03am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
First of all we are not talking about what they do at the college ranks. We are talking about high school and specifically jurisdictions we work not what the Big 12 or Big Ten does.
You were... You said, "Heck at the college level many of the same procedures are followed in my experience as well." It was this to which I was responding.

Quote:
college ranks which I work there is some communications as our supervisor is a technical advisor for the Big Ten. Never have I heard that we do not communicate something to the players. Again those are college players and they have a better understanding of the consequences and getting ejected can have a bigger affect on their career.

Peace
I find what I'm being told much more believable (admittedly part of this reason was that I have the actual email from them, and know them personally, and I don't personally know those that you refer to ... ) than the assumption that college and god forbid professional players need to be told that the other team is taking a knee when they line up in Victory formation. Seriously. I see this as a possible issue with 10 year olds, but the older they get, the more they GET it (both the way to act when the other team is taking a knee, AND the more serious consequences should they get a USC or ejection). To say college and pro players need to be reminded is simply ludicrous.

West Houston Mike