Thread: Taking A Knee
View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 07, 2010, 01:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
So you think the rulebook and casebook is going to cover every possible situation that is possible? If that is what you are looking for, then no one should have to say it is not covered in the rulebook. A better response would be that you do not understand the way rules are made and interpreted. Because most situations will never be covered to your liking if you want something to be spelled out in all with all the possibilities. That is why we are asked to make judgments. We all do not have the same judgments.

Peace
Ahh yes, I don't understand how rules are written. Maybe someday I will be intelligent enough to see that the offense trying to make the defense think that there is a problem and that the snap is not imminent is practically the same thing as an official asking the coach of the offense what type of play they will be running and then the offense not running that type of play. Looking back I must have been crazy to think that those were different.

You know that teams run fake kneel down plays, you admitted that you have seen it on the field. You must have seen a muffed snap before. Anything can happen.

It is none of your business to find out what type of play the offense is planning on running. Don't ask anyone. You can probably realize when it may be a kneel down situation and you can probably realize when A is in a kneel down formation. If you need to say something you can tell the players to "be smart" or "protect yourselves". It is not your job to announce anything to the defense before the snap.