View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 04, 2010, 02:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Yeah, it's a rule and we are expected to enforce it.....May I ask what rule you are refering to? Depending on which rule you may have been refering to...enforcement of a a rule was never not expected. And chances are (again depending on your reference) any rule would work AGAINST that particular coach and team. Thus the umpire gets a free out and isn't that what some umpires claim to be working for? Outs? Why take away an oppurtunity of a out on someone elses stupidity (aka...the coach)
What in the hell are you talking about? Where did you get the idea that AN OUT could be accessed against a team for violating this rule?

You already got a couple of answers as to "what rule" was being enforced. You didn't say what sanctioning body you were playing for, but I will say that every one of the half-dozen associations I've worked games for (in baseball and softball) have some version this same rule. Just for good measure, here is the ASA rule:

(5-12)Dugout Conduct: Coaches, players, substitutes and other bench personnel shall not be outside the designated bench, dugout/team area except when the rule allows it or it is justified by the umpire. EFFECT: The first offense is a team warning. Any repeat offense shall result in the ejection of that team member.