View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 04, 2010, 02:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Quick question: Was this a newer umpire?....No

Yeah, it's a rule and we are expected to enforce it.....May I ask what rule you are refering to?

Sec.16:
A member of the team at bat who takes their place in the coach's box to direct his/her players in running the bases. Two coaches are allowed, one positioned at first base and one positioned at third base. The defensive coaches/manager must remain inside the, as their normal position, when their team is playing defense.

Failure to obay this rule, after a warning from is issued, will result in the coach/manager being ejected.

[/COLOR][/B]Why do some coaches think that some rules don't apply to them?...Again what rule?

See answers below.
From the 2010 NFHS Rules Book:
RULE 3 SECTION 6 Art. 6

Only the batter, runner(s), on deck batter, coaches in the coach's box, bat/ball shaggers or one of the nine players on defense are permitted to be outside the designated dugout/bench or designated warmup areas.

I don't have my current NSA rules book but this is from a previous year:

Sec.16:
A member of the team at bat who takes their place in the coach's box to direct his/her players in running the bases. Two coaches are allowed, one positioned at first base and one positioned at third base. The defensive coaches/manager must remain inside the dugout, as their normal position, when their team is playing defense.

Failure to obay this rule, after a warning is issued, will result in the coach/manager being ejected.

My NCAA, ASA, and PONY rules book are in my car, but they have similiar rules.