View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 30, 2010, 02:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
A great example that you can't out-stupid, stupid. There is a "Teaching Moment" here and that is that behaving badly has consequences, that often involves people who are not to blame, and consequences are not always "fair".

The parents who gave (or permitted their children) signs to parade around like an, "old-fashioed strike" are just as guilty (well maybe not quite) of teaching the wrong message to their children. Remember, football is a "Team" game where everyone is responsible for and dependent on their teammates, which in this regrettable situation, included some really misguided adults.

When ANY team member misbehaves, it reflects on and affects EVERY team member (which is why wnen ANY team member decides to act stupid, EVERY other team member should act to stop the stupidity.)
I disagree wholeheartedly. Why is standing up for what you believe is right the wrong message? I see where you're going on team members acting to stop the stupidity of the other team members... but I think you're expecting way too much when you extend this to expecting children to try to stop adults (nevermind that they were put into a position of authority over these kids) from acting stupid. If kids were fighting, the whole team is at fault for not stopping it. But in this case, there's no way the kids are responsible for the stupidity of adults.

West Houston Mike