View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 19, 2010, 04:14pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
At least for varsity games it is extremely rare (outside of the Chicago Public Schools) to do a 2 Person game. We have other officials that can see the sub. And for the record we teach this mechanic not because it is in the NF Manual (as we do not use such manual), it is because that seems to work best. And who brings the attention to the crew is not a sticking point around here or at least with me. I just want the sub to be brought in. But the initial communication or whistle blowing should come from the closest to the table. Then if we are in transition in 3 Person, we pass the C for the rest of the substitution responsibility.

Peace
I'm pretty certain for 3 we do it exactly as you. I've been to a number of camps (HS and NCAAM) and the procedure there is exactly what I'm used to.

The guys I work with - we whistle in all subs. Like I said, in 2-person with the guys I work with, it's the one without the basketball that does this. If I'm standing trail with the ball tableside, the lead will be the one to get the sub with a whistle.

I'd be thrilled to work all 3-person, but the momentum for that has gone away with school funding being what it is.