View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 19, 2010, 03:53pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
I'm guessing this is one of those regional differences. I checked the NFHS manual and they say "closest to the table." Nobody I ever work with here would ever bring in a sub with the ball, and we still do a lot of 2-person at the varsity level. One of those things I never really questioned, so my apologies to the poster. You are probably closer to the book in Ohio than we are.

Still, as long as only one official is bringing in the subs, it really doesn't matter who does it.
At least for varsity games it is extremely rare (outside of the Chicago Public Schools) to do a 2 Person game. We have other officials that can see the sub. And for the record we teach this mechanic not because it is in the NF Manual (as we do not use such manual), it is because that seems to work best. And who brings the attention to the crew is not a sticking point around here or at least with me. I just want the sub to be brought in. But the initial communication or whistle blowing should come from the closest to the table. Then if we are in transition in 3 Person, we pass the C for the rest of the substitution responsibility.

Peace