View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 18, 2003, 12:38pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Oatmealqueen is right on this one! I would be laughing if both coaches told me to call it both ways. What the he77 do they think we are doing? I tell people in the stands when I am watching a game and they comment on a ref favoring one team or the other, there is no way an official that is halfway decent can favor one team or the other. He is too busy watching arms, bodies, and the ball. They don't believe me when I tell them that you don't really even see the color of the jersey when you are into the game. The only difference is that you know that they are opponants. You pick up the color after you call the foul. After a game, I can't tell you how many fouls or points one player had. I may be able to tell you about one certain play. Does anyone else feel this way? I feel that if you are really focused on the game, you don't really discern between the teams. Only the plays as they happen.

On an aside, I would like to thank Hawks Coach and A Pennsylvania Coach for their input on the board. Having never been a coach I enjoy their input from a coaches perspective. I wish the coaches in our area would take the time to study the rules. Some of them don't have a clue.