View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 17, 2010, 01:21pm
Official Forum Member

Back in post #25, JRut responded to this mbcrowder post:

Quote:
So, just to make clear that I understand that you rule this different from the other FED folks here... you're saying that in the situation I describe (again... ball first touched by K at the 1, tapped backward to keep it from going into the EZ, touched again by K at the 4, rolls to the 2 and is dead there) - you only look at the 1 or 2 as possible spots?
This was your reply:
Quote:
For the record, the spot of first touching would be the 1 (which is the only place you have a bean bag). The dead ball spot would be wherever the kick ended or the play was over (receivers taking the ball and running). The other touches in your case are not relevant unless these are the places the ball is ruled dead. I do not know what others do and actually do not care. But I am bagging the spot of FT with a bean bag and bagging or killing the play where the kick ends if necessary.
At that point you were very clearly saying the subsequent spots of first touching did not matter and you are giving R the ball at the R2. Then you finally said:
Quote:
The furthest most spot for first touching is going to be used
That is exactly the point myself and others were trying to make but you argued against it. I am glad we are now in agreement.