View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 15, 2010, 10:14am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ASA/NYSSOBLUE
WARNING: NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT

Its a Sunday morning, 35+ mens semi-modified league. The protagonists are (names changed to protect the innocent): Joe, an african american player who, while being a nice guy, couldn't hit cow poop in a barnyard, and his teammate. Bill. I, of course have the Plate.

First two times up in this game, Joe, as usual has taken three weak swings at pitches, and sat down. Third time up, guess what? Joe has two quick strikes on him. Bill, is in the dugout, apparently keeping score...or at least, looking at the scorebook. As the P starts his motion, Bill, in a friendly way, yells out the following:

HEY JOE, YOU GOT A CHANCE TO BE THE FIRST BLACK MEMBER OF THE KKK CLUB!!!! , and then in rapid succession:

Joe cracks up, falling backwards, out of the batter's box

The pitch, of course, is right down the pipe, and me, not being able to resist, give the big, Enrico Pallazo overhand strike 3

EVERYbody on both sides starts DYING - including me, using my momentum from my overhand strike to get me over to the nearby stands to sit, cause I am laughing so hard, I am CRYING. Meanwhile infielders and guys on base are rolling around in the dirt they are laughing so hard, and my partner is literally holding himself to keep from falling down laughing.

It took a good ten minutes for everyone to get a hold of themselves...