View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 04, 2010, 08:51am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
Maybe it's just me, or where they place booths here, but when you have a 5'10" Line Judge, making a call on sideline pass, from a position off the field, in front of the Team Box, filled with 30-40 6'+ players in full football gear, I often have trouble (1) finding that official (2) if finding, trouble clearly seeing anything he might signal below over his head.

Usually, the off officials converging on the spot from within the field pick up the incompletion and signal stopping the clock, which is often the only signal I can see. Other than those type plays, seeing and understanding incomplete pass signalling is not a problem. The point is, that whatever the reason even the most perfect signal, that for whatever reason is not seen by the person it's intended for, isn't working and requires adjustment.

Despite our desire for consistency, "one size rarely, if ever, fits all".
Our LJ is shorter than 6 feet as he is almost always on the home or press box side. I cannot recall that the clock has not stopped when he gave a signal. You are right not everything fits perfectly. Just never seen this as a major problem.

Peace