View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 01, 2010, 05:17pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Commissioner's Rating ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH View Post
What does availability have to do with how well you officiate? So if I work a heavy NCAA, etc schedule I'm not as good as the high school guys who work every night of the week, thus I can't work a Varsity game because my availability doesn't show me to be a qualified official.
Having a college schedule doesn't count against a member's availability. Neither do work, family, or health (illness, injury) related issues. Blocking off games to make oneself available for town recreation games every Monday night, or for travel games every Saturday, or for Wednesday bowling night with the guys will count against you.

The commissioners availability rating also takes into consideration many things that make his job easier: keeping Arbiter calendar updated and current, listing correct e-mail address and phone numbers, listing cell phone first, photo of official (face not body) on Arbiter, number of missed assignments, accepting minimum assignments, number of turnbacks, submitting rating sheets by due date, etc.

Some people are very irresponsible and have to be reminded several times regarding deadlines.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)