View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 19, 2010, 09:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
GA - I think you've read the situation wrong. LL says that what happened is what you allude to... but looking at the video it's rather obvious that PU did not go ask for help on his own. It seems pretty clear that he was ready to live with his call until he was called over by the LL regional personnel behind the fence. It's not the umpire that we should chastise (although I would think if I was in this situation, I would have either ignored the racket behind me, or told the guy behind the fence he couldn't change his call based on something he was told by a guy behind the fence, regardless of where he got his info ... but then again, I'm not a LL ump and I don't work on TV - so who knows if I'd have the balls I seem to think I would have, given that exact situation!)... it's the guys in the booth and behind the fence.
As soon as the PU went to screen he was toast...no matter what he did. He goes along with the LL Eastern Region mucky mucks telling him what to do...we get all over it here on the forum. He goes with what Mike suggested above, the LL Eastern Region mucky mucks would have made sure his move up the LLBB ladder came to a grinding halt. Not that it probably already has.