View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 19, 2010, 06:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy6900 View Post
Four umpires and none of them saw this? I'm sorry, but this is just poor umpiring. So now, LL is going to try and get every call right by having "board meetings" with each other and then meeting with the "mystery man" behind the back stop? This is a joke! All of this is because of poor training, poor organization and the "need" to keep everyone happy.

This is baseball! Okay, it's LL, but it's still baseball! Umpires are supposed to make decisions and judgement calls. The calls may not be popular and they may not even be correct but that is how the game is supposed to be run. And don't give me that "trying to get the call right" crap because if you really want to go down that road, why not have a do-over because the base coach made a mistake in telling the runner to go? Yeah, and let's have a do-over because F7 dropped the catch. He really tried, so let's do the play over or better yet, record the out! The kid made a great attempt so why take the catch away just because he dropped the ball!
Sadly this is exactly where baseball for kids is heading ... and its getting there quick. Amazed at what I've seen in the last three years happening in kids baseball.

Thanks
David