Thread: NCAA SUIP rumor
View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 09, 2010, 04:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
As someone watching this from outside, this seems to be the crux of the issue that led to the departure of the three in the first place. If I was representing ASA in these talks, that is the first issue I would insist on being answered by the NCAA, and answered honestly. The NCAA's response would go a long way (again, if I was representing ASA) in determining if I even wanted to step into this mess.
The excuse given me by a coach when NCAA decided to develop their own brand was that they did not want ASA on the field as, according to them, it gave the impression the NCAA was using umpires who just chase little girls around the field.

Hey, not my explanation, but is sounds a lot like the same crap I use to hear from a certain Texan baseball umpire, Carl C.

However, I would venture to say that this would be more of an agreement to provide the training, not take over as an official interpreter for the NCAA. I would bet they keep such a position in house.