View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 09, 2010, 01:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30 View Post

Half way into first game I find out game fee is twenty bucks. The entrance fee for teams was I believe 10,000 making it, according to coaches, the most expensive event to date. It was a college exposure event with over 200 college coaches attending. I was furious and felt taken advantage of. I don't officiate for money but somebody was taking a hefty slice out of our pockets.
I hope you are wrong becasue that it completely outrageous unless they're playing 30-40 games.

They were paying the officials $20/game for a total of $40/game. Perhaps some other clock/logistics/security people were being paid. So maybe you've got $100 per game in personnel expenses...call it $200 to be generous and give the organizers and assignor a little profit. Gym space is not that expensive and even if it were, it woudn't add up to 10k. Let's call it $300 per game for floor time. So @ $500 per game split between 2 teams ($250 each). That gives them enough money to run 40 games per team...

...or the organizers and/or assignors are making a lot of money.

The fact that college coaches are there is not relevant, they're there on their own dime.