View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 03, 2010, 03:30pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun View Post
Let me fill in some blanks.

Keep in mind, first people blamed 9/11 for everything and now it is the economy.

Game fees (all two-man): $28, $25, $22.50 (I know)
Lodging: Palace station $29/night weekdays, $49/night weekends (I think this is right)
Eww. What's the pay differential? Different levels of basketball?

You know, I say I wouldn't do it, but I would if I could bring my own crew and we could work a fairly light schedule to leave time for other things. For those who need to make money, it sounds miserable, but for those looking for a partly subsidized vacation, it sounds OK. It would cost me a bit more than $29/$49 to stay, I think, cause I'd be in a nice place on the strip.

Not arriving on time is inexcusable, but I would expect to have the "can't handle the level of ball" issue every year. As a scheduler, you just deal with that and try to survive. I dealt with it for 3 years of adult baseball -- I just tried hiding the weak umpires on the non-competitive games and made sure to rotate them around so the same team didn't see them more than twice (cause then I'd get complaints).

You mentioned guys were out of uniform. How does *that* happen? I mean, surely you allow black shorts for summer games with such low pay, right?