Thread: Ejection ...
View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 02, 2010, 05:37pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Sorry, you've got the order of events wrong, it seems. He misspoke in post #47, he said to say "he has five" in post #43. I'd quote them for you, but that would border on snarky.

I put the initial confusion on tref, but let me put it this way:

We often give the benefit of the doubt to long time posters when they (meaning I) misspeak on something, based on what we know about their knowledge and history of posting. Why, then, when someone repeatedly clarifies (albeit with some serious snark) his meaning, do we zero in on one little tidbit that is, when taken in the context of the entire thread, an obvious misstatement?
Know what? If tref/Ch!town simply hadda said that he "misspoke" right after being questioned about post #47 instead of waiting until post #125 three days later, we might not have gone through all this crap. We could have given him the benefit of the doubt then and this thread could have died a well-deserved death at that time. And please note for the record, I sureasheck ain't the only one that took what he said on post #47 at face value. That post and his "clarifications" since then have been questioned by some other posters whose officiating knowledge I have a great deal of respect for.

And you are right. It is time for all of us to be done with this one also imho.