View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 22, 2010, 03:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzkriegBob View Post
1) As stated above, correct that an offer on a check swing can not be appealed. The PU will not call it a swinging strike unless he is 100% sure that there was a swing, and if he's 100% sure, then why would he need to ask his partner? To the best of my knowledge, "breaking" the wrists has never been the determining factor for an offer at a pitch. That's just a myth.
Then what determines whether someone "checked" in time? Judgement call by the PU?

Quote:
2) NSA Rule 6-6-d states "There is no more than one revolution of the arm in the windmill pitch. The pitching arm may be dropped to the side and to the rear before starting the windmill motion. The ball does not have to be released the first time past the hip."
I read that line as the hands come to the side and rear (CW), then fully around CCW to release. The pitcher I was referring to went to the side and rear (hands together), then past the hip and above her head (hands still together), back to the side and rear (CW), then to full windmill. So she passed her hip twice CW and three times CCW. To try to explain further... assume hands at the waist are at 5 on a clock (6 is the hip). Rotate the clock arms CW to 7, then CCW to 12, then CW to 7, then CCW (making a full rotation) to 5 for the release.