View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 20, 2010, 12:28am
Official Forum Member

Gents (In specific, welpe, bisonlj, mbyron & Mike L)

Thanks for your clarification/dissertations. They have all helped in resolving my uncertainty and made me much more aware of the language used in Rule 10. Part of learning : How do you eat a Whale, One bite at a time (and I'm still chewing !!!) Don't misconstrue, I'm not declaring mastery here. Heck, we all know you have to live the rules and even if you had 4 or more life times, you'd still never see it all.

Aside, Mike L, you hit the nail on the head. We can over think things at times. Running Play Enforcement indeed. Although admittedly, revisiting Rule 2-43 helped out a lot (in this case bisonlj was the straight man and called it dead nuts, which put welpe's rule reference 10-5-4 right into place).

BTW, Bisonlj, as a BJ, I'd be following up on the play, right up until the point that I relayed the play to my LJ, HL or heck, even my U and then, I've got clean up, trailing behind the last players (leave no player behind watching for shenanigans). Besides, most of our side officials have fairly good wheels (they'd work it to their side back to the GL with the R). But truth be told, it's a blast to see your U go stride for stride with a runner for a while following a play (just need to have an extra Snickers/Energy Bar with you for him later). God bless those guys that work in the middle/meat grinder. It's bad enough to have a smart receiver with defenders hot on their heels run right at you using you/BJ as a pick point all while you are trying to fade out/away and get to the GL. Nothing like running, fading and watching the play all whilst hearing the thunder of hoofs at your back. Gets the adrenaline going !!!