Thread: Timing question
View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 08, 2010, 09:47am
Official Forum Member

Timing question

Play#1 K punts and has an illegal formation at the snap. R25 receives the punt, returns it 5 yards and is tackled inbounds. If R accepts the penalty, the clock starts on the ready. He was tackled inbounds.

Play#2 K punts and has an illegal formation at the snap. R25 receives the punt and returns it 5 yards and goes out of bounds. If R accepts the penalty, the clock starts on the snap since he went out of bounds.

Play#3 K punts and has an illegal formation at the snap. R25 gives a valid faircatch signal and makes the fair catch. If R accepts the penalty, the clock starts on the snap. I think I'm right about this due to the fair catch.

Play#4 K punts and has an illegal formation at the snap. R25 gives a valid fair catch signal. But teammate R33 actually makes the catch. Now, we know that this is not a fair catch. But if R accepts the penalty, I'm thinking maybe the clock still starts on the snap. Because we still killed it because of the fair catch signal.

Take a look at these please. And tell me where I'm messing up. Because something doesn't feel right about #4