View Single Post
Old Thu May 27, 2010, 08:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
My apologies... was not my intent.

Yes... and no offense but I believe your clarification is worse than the words I inadvertently put in your mouth. Are you (see... this is a question not a statement, to avoid putting words in your mouth) asserting that you give more leeway to coaches complaining when THEY think your call is questionable than when THEY don't? Well that doesn't make any sense at all. (And I'm wondering why coaches would complain about calls they didn't disagree with).
I hope that is what he is saying cause that is just good game management and understanding the emotions of the game. If it is a hard/close play, then we should understand a coach's Point of view and give him more of an opportunity rather than a play where it was blatantly easy in our eyes, then he gets less leeway.

That's not to say the coach never regains his composure or gathers himself together in a reasonable amount of time. In that case he will still receive a Technical foul.