View Single Post
Old Thu May 27, 2010, 12:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpjim View Post
Has Joe called any of KRods games and called a no stop balk? I thought that that lefties can get away with murder so I watch them close but I can't see the balk in the first one but maybe in the second one in the video I pull up. What did Joe see? The 2B ump echoed it quicker than I would expect so what did he see? The only thing I can think of that would get Joe and the 2B ump to be right behind him is a hanging leg. Anybody seen better videos? Why don't they call the nostop and twitching feet while coming set and yet call this. I think it's because at that level the stop and twitches are meaningless to a runner but whatever Buehrle did can fool an MLB runner. The first runner was certainley fooled and you woudn't expect that at this level.
Buehrle has picked quite a few guys off over the years. The first one I thought was much less egrigious (sp?) than the second. I'm not a baseball umpire, but I'm a lefty and I've pitched before. I know of the "45 degree angle" rule (if that even is one), but to me it looked like Buehrle started leaning towards home like he was going to pitch, then threw to first.

Can someone post the relevant rules?