View Single Post
Old Sat May 22, 2010, 12:30pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I can't question your assertion that the Black defender had legal guarding position, it's just that I'm not 100% sure why he fell down: charged into, tripped over his own feet as he was backpedaling, or flopped?

Check out the two steps after the jump stop. It's a tough call, whether in a real time situation, or even on the video, it can certainly be called either way, but, at the least, it's "close" to a travel.

Billy:

I watched the tape at least five time with regards to the possiblity of traveling and I think that from what I could see on the tape I think that before I would call traveling I would have to have been the T and seen it it in real time and not on a TV screen.

I agree with you that the video is not a very good way to determine whether B1 flopped or not, but you know my philosophy of when in doubt, CHARGE IT! because it is the American Way for everybody to be in debt, oh wait, that is my political stump speech, .

My concern about the charge call is that the T started to close down when W44 started to drive and then stopped instead of staying with the play. Had the T continued to close down one or two more steps, he would have continued to have a very good angle to see if there was illegal contact by W44 of if B1 flopped.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio