Thread: Loud Slap
View Single Post
Old Tue May 11, 2010, 10:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas2456 View Post
I had this call in the very first game of my season, and I've been thinking about it ever since.

Situation: A1 gets a rebound from a Team B shot, and is 80 feet from his basket. Everyone else has cleared out except for B1. B1 tries to steal the ball, but instead getting A1's wrist with a loud slap that the whole gym could hear. By instinct I called the foul.

As I've thought about this more, I have to wonder if this would be a proper time to apply advantage/disadvantage. A1 didn't lose the ball as a result of the slap, nor was he put at any real disadvantage since he was 80 feet from his basket.

Would you have called the foul as I did? Or would you have applied advantage/disadvantage?
bas2456, I was'nt there but if the A1 is dribbling the ball and hand is on the ball when the LOUD slap occurred per rule I have nothing, however if the A1 is standing there holding the ball when he gets the crap knocked out of him I most likely have a foul (a stupid foul that B1 has earned and I'm sure Coach B would probably not object to).