View Single Post
Old Fri May 07, 2010, 11:06pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up Hey tough guy.......I'll give you more to laugh at

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy6900 View Post
Puuuuuuleeeeeeeeeeeeeeze! i've been umpiring for almost 30 years and I can count the ambulance calls on one hand (that includes the one for my on field heart attack). You are just a gear jockey, aren't you? I'll bet you have every piece of crap that is out there. If my partner ever put one of these "toys" on, I would send him packing!

Hey buddy, here is some stuff that'll make ya' die laughing.....

I also advocate the safety base and outlaw steel spikes in high school games

I don't see the need for players to get hurt playing games when it can be prevented. Our adult softball leagues now use safety bases and made steel spikes illegal.......we do have to go to work Monday morning. Just my views.....I also wear my seat belt when I drive. Something only pussies did when I was a kid in the 60's.

Steel spikes?? Not needed. Blood on the diamond is not necessary when kids are playing the game. "Everybody raise their hands if they want to go to the emergency room to get stitches in the leg today!!" Yes, It happens, but not when it could've been prevented.

If you have a real job and pay real medical bills, you know what I am talking about. Last year, getting spiked, cost players (parents) on my team (I also coach) over $1,000.......WTF, why must this be?

If my partner ever put one of these "toys" on, I would send him packing!
I recall hearing the same thoughts expressed when the "hockey" style mask was first being used.

Gear jockey??
I finally broke down and bought my first "West Vest". Enough of those bruises, I'm get less tough as I get older.

But honestly, I tend to overheat on summer days, if this helmet helps me stay cooler, BINGO, I'm a happy camper!

Lots of Laughs.....I should be a ****ing comic!!!!