View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 09, 2003, 02:41pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Re: You did what???

Quote:
Originally posted by DownTownTonyBrown
Good question Mick.

I set a personal record the other night. I had warned my partner that my tosses had not been so great but that none of my partners seemed willing to call them back. So I specifically instructed him to call my toss back if it wasn't good.

First toss was weak and in favor of green. TWEET. Thanks.

Perhaps to make up for it, the next toss was slightly stronger but now in favor of white. TWEET again.

Third toss was stronger yet and pretty straight arrow. And off we went. Thank goodness no tweet.

I was kinda glad when the escapade didn't make the sports news highlights.

It was funny but disgusting. The game was ugly and my partner suggested that it was because of the toss. Ha-ha.

Anybody got verbal suggestions of how to get off a good toss? I've seen many different varieties.
Hey Tony, I would suggest the best way to start your game with a good toss is to ask someone else to do it!

I practice my toss under a hoop, like Marty suggests. I use two hands, elbows extended as my arms move upwards and sorta propel the ball straight off my fingers, kinda like throwing a knuckleball. No legs at all (invitation for Chuck or JR to add a wisecrack inserted here).