View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 19, 2010, 04:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post
Quote:
Do not err: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, Nor the effeminate, nor liers with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor railers, nor extortioners, shall possess the kingdom of God.

Wow!

That's impressive. But what does that have to do with baseball in the 21st century?

And I still don't know what stealing from the government is, specifically. I suppose it's a bad thing, but there are degrees to everything, and the way the justice system works in this country, I cannot judge a person as bad because this system decided against him on something.
Your statement makes me a little nervous. I love our justice system. It sure beats what's in second place......

He pled guilty. He is guilty. He is going to serve his debt, and he is entitled to fair treatment by all. To continue to work with him is a personal choice. However, as has been stated, MOST professional associations will remove a member for violations of moral turpitude...which includes a massive list of indiscretions..fraud being one of them..Maybe his association needs to revisit the rules for their membership.