View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 18, 2010, 04:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC Coach View Post
I've read the replies and then I reread my original post. I can see where the confusion came in...sorry for that. It was clear in my head, but not in my explanation.

After A1 made a shot, B1 threw the ball from OOB directly to B2 in their frontcourt. From there the pass was bobbled, etc., etc.

This being said, if B1 had passed to B2 in their backcourt...then B2 attempts a pass to B3 in the frontcourt and the pass is bobbled, and subsequently comes back into the backcourt where it is touched by another B player...is that a violation? It was my understanding that a B player must control the ball in the FC, not just touch or bobble it. Please correct me if I'm wrong...this is how I'm going to learn.

Sorry again for the confusion caused by the unclear original post. Thanks for all the help.
In order for a backcourt violation to occur the ball must first be controlled by a player inbounds, but not necessarily in the front court. The ball actually doesn't even have to be touched by anyone in the frontcourt. It merely has to reach the frontcourt while under TEAM control, and that could mean just contacting the floor in that area, or the basket/backboard, or even hitting an official who is positioned there.

w_sohl gave you the correct rulings for your two different plays.