View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 12, 2010, 07:14am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
I'll see your "Bleacher Creatures" and raise you Philadelphia Phillies "fans"......They have traveled to Baltimore and Washington in droves to see their team play over the yrs - which is admirable. But, their behavior is mostly embarassing.

I was at one game many yrs ago where the crowd was THE largest in the history of the NEW Camden Yards......it also held the record for the most fights and most arrests.

And, while I live in N VA now, I lived and grew-up in east-central PA so I am not a basher as I have been to many a game at the ole - Vet Stadium.

PS - How many away, baseball games break out in a loud football team chant? E - A - G - L - E - S........ Eagles! Wild! and not family entertainment.
Growing up near Philadelphia and being a lifelong Phillies and Eagles fan, I'm aware of the reputation of the "700 level" of the old Vet. The Eagles fans are the worst, but I haven't gone to a game either at the Vet or at the Linc. Baseball games at CBP are actually quite tame in comparison. Of course, it's easy now when the team is as good as it is.

My experience didn't have to do with the Bleacher sitters in Yankee Stadium. I was in the upper deck down the foul line. This was the guy sitting behind me: