View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 31, 2010, 02:08pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

Not sure what type/style of line-up cards everyone is used to seeing ... I have seen several styles but lately have not seen any with unnumbered spots below.

In general, the first nine lines on the card are the batters. One of those would be the DH, if one is being used. The person playing defense and not batting is generally listed in the tenth spot.

From T's description, the coach has listed his DH incorrectly and used an arrow in an attempt to alleviate the error. (To designate a DH and use someone else to play defense was likely an afterthought on the coach's part.)

I'm not going to get too worried about it and I'm not going to ask the coach to redo his line up for my benefit - I can follow his documentation error.

I will ensure that the other coach understands the batting order and I will ensure the home team book has the order listed as we discussed at the pregame meeting.

It has been awhile since I have been here but it is good to see some of the old names still keeping us rookies straight... Hello to all you old farts! Especially you Tim.