View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 08, 2003, 08:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
Quote:
Originally posted by ScottParks
I walked to the bench, told the coach I needed a sub for H1, then turned (in a now hushed gym) and loudly told H1 he needed to have a seat as he was being subbed for. The place went nuts . I liked this solution because a T didn't decide the action, the game moved quickly to the end AND H1 was dealt with later by his coach.
I fail to see the need to loudly announce to the gym that you have taken this step. That seems like a bit of grandstanding for no apparent reason, and perhaps a bit of trying to one-up the player. If you want H1 to be dealt with, you had done enough by talking to the coach.

Also, I am not sure why you didn't just give the T in this case and let the coach decide to remove the player. Sounds like a little bit too much attitude for me!
Sorry you feel that way!

There was no grandstanding intended. H1 had an attitude that probably deserved a T and in many cases for me would have gotten one. However, at that point in the game, I didn't think it would help the game and chose my path.

The gym was hushed and i believe fully expected a T as it was obvious where the attitue was.

I'd do it again and the same way.