Thread: OSU/Tenn
View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 27, 2010, 08:04am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Really, one block was clearly correct (Prince in the backcourt), but at least two were quite puzzling. The one called against Prince by the C where the contact occured way after the release and as the shooter landed seemed to catch the C by surprise. I don't think the C knew when Prince got to the spot and he defaulted to a block. The charge was a hard to see from the camera angles but I'm not convinced.
There was a rebounding foul called on Ohio State early in the game by the C (it was a weak side rebound) that left me (and the fouler) scratching his head. The Tennessee player cleared it clean and there was a minimal amount of contact on him and the C blew it dead. I can't help but think he wished he could take that one back.

I thought the block on Williams towards the end (where he fell in a heap) was marginal, as well.

Oh, well, fanboy now: Survive and advance, baby. This team is the most Jekyll-and-Hyde team I've ever seen. It's nice to see Pearl has them playing exceptionally well when it counts. His constant substituting (is his kid really a D1 caliber player?) and the way he rotated at least 5 defenders on Turner can't be overlooked either.