View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 18, 2010, 10:50am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by drh898 View Post
Interesting situation last night. Black team is 2 points ahead. Called a foul with probably 1 second on clock against Black as White player was shooting. Wild shot goes in. Tie score and White shoots free throw to win game. White, during FT, while ball is in the air, steps on line. FT attempt goes in, I'm blowing whistle and waving off the score while the place goes wild as White thinks they have won the game. This, by the way, was a 7-8 grade tournament championship. While my partner and I are trying to get order restored the White coach is going balistic. Close to technical but didn't cross the line, IMO. If he had dropped the F bomb and a technical was called, would the resulting FT for black, if made, end the game in Black's favor or would the OT start with Black 1 point ahead?
You didn't say so, but I'm assuming time had expired, so you were shooting with the lane cleared. In that case, the 4th period is over as soon as A1's FT is not successful; so a T called at that point would start the OT.