View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 17, 2010, 06:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahoopref View Post
I don't think NV point is that he is better than the officials on the floor (of course I could be wrong). The point is that the two players were involved in an altercation just the play before resulting a player on the floor. Someone on the crew at the very least should have been watching them come up the floor; it is called game awareness.

Granted, the T was officiating the ball coming up the court. The C and L should've have had an immediate whistle when the Tx Tech player went down to addressed what happened, even if they didn't see the foul; it was the Red Raider's ball. The Tx Tech player was on the floor for about 5 seconds before a whistle was blown to address him.

As a result, the play may have cost the Seton Hall coach his job for other reasons besides wins and losses.

Seton Hall fires hoops coach Bobby Gonzalez - College Basketball - Rivals.com
I dont care what his point his - he is very quick to point out the mistakes of every type of call and I can be wrong but it comes off a bit desperate and insecure. Every angle offers a different story and in the game you only get one angle (whether you like it or not) and you don't have the liberty of replay over and over again. That's why I would love to watch one of his 0 mistake games, which I think is safe to assume he has because of his great knowledge of the rules and his ability to pick apart every other officials mistakes.

That's just my personal observations.