View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 17, 2010, 06:11am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by constable View Post
Maybe the official's realized that whacking someone for dunking in the warm up is a great way to piss off an entire team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by constable View Post
I've said it before, and I will continue to say it that it is a foolish rule.I've heard the arguments about having to replace a backboard after a hard dunk during the warm ups but if that's the case should we not ban dunking period?

I think there are much bigger fish to fry.

I've said it. It's my opinion and that's all there is too it you can't fault me for stating my opinion, so no need to flame me.
Constable, I did not flame you.

My point was - there is a rule (like it or not), and as an official, I am not going to concern myself with "pissing off" (your words) an entire team for enforcing a rule that most, if not everyone, knows.

Should we not give an unsporting T's for taunting or chest thumping because it would "piss off" an entire team? Inappropriate Backboard slaps? Chinups on the rim? Intentional fouls? Enforcing these rules could "piss off" an entire team. Where do we draw the line?

You're entitled to your opinion. I respect it.

Me, in this case, WHACK! And the player and I are going over to the coach and HE is going to explain why the game will start off with the T and shooting foul shots.

JMO