View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 28, 2010, 04:30pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Sell My Soul to the Devil, No Way José

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun View Post
Making some back-handed remarks.
Back-handed? Sorry. Why should I have been so coy? Maybe I should have been more direct. I do not have a problem with officials who have a shorter fuse than me. None what so ever. They make our job easier when we go into the same gym a few nights later. I do have a problem with officials who allow coaches to get away with murder because they are afraid that they will not get enough votes to work state tournament games. I will be part of a crew that has to work in front of those coaches a few nights later, and now he thinks that he can get away with the same crap, so we have to pick up the pieces, with game management skills, with warnings, and, yes, with T's. On my off nights I will often go to games that my colleagues work. Some of them, not many, but a few, let coaches get away with things that I, with my very long fuse, would never get away with.

Slightly off topic. One night I guess that I showered a little quicker than normal. As I was getting out of the shower, I overheard my partner, in the outer office, practically begging the coach for a vote, "If you liked my work tonight, coach, then give me a vote for the tournament and you may see me there". I almost puked all over my bare feet. I know my limits. I know that I will probably never see a state tournament game. I also know that if I ever reach even close to that level, I will never kowtow to coaches to get tournament games. There are other reasons why I believe that I don't call a lot of T's, as outlined in my post above, which you are certainly free to agree, or disagree with, but one reason will never be to please a coach.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Feb 28, 2010 at 04:40pm.