Thread: Pregame
View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 04, 2003, 06:45pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to dhodges007 Send a message via Yahoo to dhodges007
Quote:
Originally posted by NC_rec_ref
Good thing I thought of this-had 1st timer with me working 4 game set of girls 11-12 rec league ball.

Covered-switching, primary coverage areas, special situations (blood/injury, 30 sec left on clock signals to each other, what to do if T)

After each game, went back in room and reviewed what went well and what to focus on next game. By end of 4 th game, he was more comfortable. Think that model worked, especially since I went first and talked about what I missed and what I needed to do next time.

Issues:
Kept getting amoeba-ball under basket for rebounds-felt I was missing stuff and kept inching in closer and closer. Tried to move farther away (was back to wall on end line- 8 ft clearance) but still couldn't see thru the scrum-Suggestions?

2- what do other associations do in terms of training rookies? Will volunteer my services (see a problem, solve the problem...) to help work/design program for first timers and would welcome any/all wisdom from other association members on what they do different/special for first timers.

Thanks,
CH
When I am looking at a scrum, I stand still. When you are moving but can't get an angle, just stay tight and watch for the cheap stuff.

My two sense!