Thread: Last game
View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 11:32pm
Archaic Power Monger

Good show fullor, way to finish on a high note.

My scholastic season ended a couple of weeks ago. I am working youth games on Saturdays for a few more weeks. What an adventure they've been to say the least.

I did 6 games last Saturday. Over those six, I T'd up three coaches and DQ'd a player for a flagrant foul (the first of my career). Two of the T's were double Ts against both head coaches for yelling at each other after a hard (yet legal) blind screen sent both players to the floor. Oh yeah, this was a 9-10 year old game.

The flagrant foul came at the end of the 4th quarter of another 9-10 year old game when a player from the losing team violently shoved an airborne shooter in the back. I hit the whistle just as the horn buzzed, informed both coaches the player was DQ'd and put the details in the book. Fortunately, that was the last game of the night so my partner and I made a quick exit.

Overall, I felt it was a good first season of basketball. I thank you all for the great advice throughout the season, it definitely helped to make it a better experience. Now it's time to take a little break, hit the gym and get ready for a camp or two in the summer before football starts.

Last edited by Welpe; Tue Feb 23, 2010 at 11:34pm.