View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 07:29pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Set up a scrimmage/practice game/kiddie game and schedule this official to work.
Get the two coaches on board with the following plan ahead of time. You arrange for a time when the official is ball-watching outside of his PCA and then you have two players in his area start an altercation. Could be as simple as having one kid go to the ground holding his face and yelling. Have a bunch of other people holler, "He punched him! Didn't you see that, ref? It was right next to you."

This individual needs to understand why it is important to watch his primary area. Until a severe off-ball situation happens there, he won't grasp the concept.
I've had two recurring fantasies while watching two ball watchers work a JV game in front of us.

The first fantasy is that I'm the coach of one of the teams and I use the fact that they're ball watchers to get away with everything I possibly could.

The other fantasy is that I'm playing in a rec game with those ball watchers working and use my knowledge to get away with anything *I* want to. I'd probably limit myself to quick pushes in the back on rebounds and just manhandling the post player, though.