View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 20, 2010, 11:38pm
Official Forum Member

New one for me...

BJV last night. Start of the 2Q, I'm lead. Both huddles are slow coming out on the second horn. Trail administers throwin to V, and we go. About 10 seconds in C, tableside, blows the whistle. He waves me over, and says a player got up from the bench and ran onto the floor, passing him as he ran in. T says he counted 5 before handing the ball for the throw in, and C and myself both said we also counted 5. We assess the technical and I go to the V bench to explain. I tell him that we had V11 entering, during play and without being beckoned. He tells me that 11 had been on the floor when the ball was inbounded, got counfused about if he was supposed to be in the game, and sat down. According to the coach, since he had been on the floor legally at the throw in, that gave him the right to come back in as he did. I told him that in that case, his player had left the floor iliegally and the technical was still correct. His response? "Well, it worked last Tuesday."

It was an interesting situation for us, and the coach's response was very interesting...