Thread: Crew Integrity
View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 17, 2010, 08:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndEx View Post
I was watching a boys varsity game tonight and I was able to watch the progression of how an official can undermine a partner without realizing it.
I'm sitting right behind the V bench.

Early 1st quarter, H1 throws a pass towards H2. V1 deflects it, though, and it hits the C in the feet before going OOB. Coach thinks it hit H2's feet, and protests the call. C explains it to him, takes a bit long doing it, and she tells him he needs to get back into the coaching box. Just as she's about to put the ball in play, the T hits his whistle and comes across to try to give her new info. She tells him what happened, and he agrees and they play on.

T's approach egged on the V coach. Fast forward to another close OOB call near the other bench, where she (I think) points the wrong way. Same partner approaches her and she agrees and they give the ball to V. As they're talking, V coach in front of me yells: "You've got to help her out!" It was interesting.

If you heard it, who here would have T'd him for that last comment?
How did anyone undermine anyone else? This story is not compelling in any way. No T. Just play on. Yawn...