View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 17, 2010, 12:16am
Statistician/Ref Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
A player inbounding the ball may step on, but not over the line. During a designated spot throwin, the player inbounding the ball must keep one foot on or over the three-foot wide designated spot. An inbounding player is allowed to jump or move one or both feet. A player inbounding the ball may move backward as far as the five-second time limit or space allows. If player moves outside the three-foot wide designated spot it is a violation, not travelling. In gymnasiums with limited space outside the sidelines and endlines, a defensive player may be asked to step back no more than three feet. A player inbounding the ball may bounce the ball on the out-of-bounds area prior to making a throwin.
This Sunday, the opposing team had one specific player (4th-6th grade girls division) who would do a 180-degree turn so her back was to the court and then flip the ball backwards, blindly onto the court.

I wonder if the coach drew the play up that way.

I've also seen college players start off with their backs to the court (presumably to avoid telegraphing where they may pass the ball to) and then turn back around once they receive the ball.

The center of attention as the lead & trail. – me
Games officiated: 525 Basketball · 76 Softball · 16 Baseball