Thread: photographer
View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 16, 2010, 02:11pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
As long as he's not phycially in your way or harrassing you (or a player), I don't think you could directly do anything about him. You could mention it to the principle/AD, but that is about it.
I was not there. I cannot comment on the location or what the photographer was doing specifically. But if a photographer is "interfering" they can be removed from said position and not allowed to take shots in certain places. Most understand this and in no way try to interfere. But it is not uncommon to deal with those that push the limits and take an attitude that makes them feel obligated to be anywhere. And yes, I am the one that tells them to move. And there are also rules that apply to media people that they cannot be anywhere close to a 3 foot area around the playing court (also applies to cheerleaders). And if an official asks them to move, they must move or other actions can be taken like not continuing play until they accommodate the officials. Now in baseball this happens much more often where photographers want to be on the playing surface which is not at all allowed and there is not a "game management" person available to correct the issue. Never had a major problem in basketball, but I have had photographers that like to stand right off the end line and it is the officials that will likely run into them. I do not need anyone to tell them in that case to move. I tell them to move and that is it.

Peace