View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 15, 2010, 02:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas2456 View Post
7th grade boy's rec tonight, third of my three games. The first two went off without a hitch.

It's red vs blue in the third game. The wife of red's coach is the league commissioner. She's also doing the book for this particular game.

During the first half, when I called a foul on red, and went to report, she gave me a look that screamed "Wow I think that was a sh***y call." This is the league commissioner, keep in mind.

At the half, my partner and I walk to the table to switch the arrow, and Mrs. Commissioner wants to have a word with us. She thinks we're not calling enough travel violations. She essentially accuses us of not calling anything so we can get the heck out of there. Truthfully, there was one travel that I called, and that's all I saw.

She threatened several times to have us barred from working this league again.

My partner took care of telling her that when she's at the table, she's part of the officiating crew, and that she can't be questioning our judgement speech.

We did call more travels in the second half, but it was because there were more.

I'm definitely emailing my assignor about the incident so he can hear our side before she gets to email him.
UPDATE (because I know you all care so much): I just got an email back from my assignor. He said he would speak with the commissioner, and he essentially said that he's got our backs. He even complimented me on my work thus far.