View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 08, 2010, 04:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocDog249 View Post
While I think we all have had some interesting partners, I myself have never had a partner threaten to beat me up at half, or any other time. I'm just curious how serious he was with this threat, and what prompted it? Did he not like the fact that you called something in his primary?
I just asked him a question and I guess it came off as obnoxious or something when I didn't mean it. I just asked him to make sure he knew what the procedure was for 5 fouls on a player, because we had a player with 4 fouls going into the half (yes, I know this is pregame stuff but the guy showed up like 10 minutes before the start of the game, no time for pregame). He flipped out about it, saying he was better than me and he doesn't give a ****. Then he said "if I ever hear you talk about me behind my back, I'm gonna beat the living piss out of you" (near-exact words). Half time was 8 minutes, I was back on the court at 7:31 without my partner, I couldn't stay in the locker room with him after he said that, because a fight probably would have broken out and I could have easily killed him since the guy was old and light weight.

Funny thing about the night, that player played most of the 2nd half and did not foul out. I was amazed, he played great defense the whole second half, and even drew a charge or two.

anyways, off to my game now, good luck to any of you officiating tonight, looking forward to reading about any unusual or funny plays!