View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 03, 2010, 02:47pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDurham View Post
Well Kenny (the assigner) is always on our side and always hears our side first. However, I like to make sure if the tape is reviewed all the evidence is pointing to the coach/player (hand, eye contact, ect). I understand he cant go solely on our word and sometimes he needs to review the tape if an accusation is thrown out there or situation
I suppose there may be some areas where it's an expected, acknowledged, and accepted signal. Where I've worked, not so much. Personally, I'd view it as unnecessarily dismissive and insulting.

Unless you're told differently by your assigner's trainers and mentors, I'd recommend against using it. I've only had it backfire, others use it with success.

I have used it on players with success, but the authority angle is different there. Coaches are used to being respected and treated as adults. We don't want them to show us up in front of the crowd, so I would prefer to extend them the same courtesy and warn them quietly. Video will confirm this just as much as the stop sign.

That's just me, tough.