Thread: Sleeve Question
View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 03, 2010, 02:50am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30 View Post
Believe as you wish, I can't recall any hockey announcer calling players goons either. That said, I do think the term thug as it relates to the NBA is based on appearance rather than actual actions by individual players. To call a player a 'thug' just because he has ink and rows is pretty narrow minded.
There was a Chicago Blackhawks player that was charged for robbery and assault right before the season started. I have not heard anyone claim they were a bunch of criminals.

I do not know anyone in the NBA that has been in so much more trouble than any other league. Actually many NBA players are very good citizens like any other league in our country. And wearing a sleeve has nothing to do with thuggery or doing anything illegal.

There are always people that will break the law. I know officials that have broken the law, does that mean we are all thugs because of a few of us. I know that officials would not like it if we were all called cheaters for what one professional official decided to do.

Peace