View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 02, 2010, 12:04pm
Official Forum Member

It certainly looks to me like the defender riding the offensive player pushed him forward -- I've got a push from behind (albeit not a great angle)

But as trail I think you can benefit from a few things

1) I think you can come down into the play more - you're out there in space a little. Yes its a big court but I think you're awfully high up... especially to be coming in with a whistle on that play.

2) You can take a few steps to the left -- you are completely straightlined on this play (again I think you can release this play with the angle you have). So you're unable to see if the defender moved under because you're looking at the back of the offensive player. You'd also be able to have a better gauge on the space (or lack of space) between the defender from behind/any arm extension.

Just in terms of positioning, Think about if the player went straight up and didn't have a collision this shot - you're going to want to be able to help on elbow hits or offensive player pushing off so you want more of a side angle.

3) Not a trail comment but How does the C NOT have a whistle here right in the middle of the paint? Or maybe he was being a little patient but I like him taking this call to the table with the L straightlined (distracted? ha) by cheerleaders

4) Especially being the only whistle I don't think you need to run down from out in space - your partners are both on top of the play - release them to watch the players if you're going to take this call.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited by bradfordwilkins; Tue Feb 02, 2010 at 12:07pm.